We will be assembling a virtual choir to sing Jesus Christ is Risen Today on Easter Sunday. We want to invite you to be part of this special effort. Below you will find instructions on how to submit your part to join our Easter Choir. You can find an example of a recording from our virtual praise team on our YouTube Page at youtube.com/watch?v=VvZkwohoG7c.
- The deadline for submission is by the end of the day, Tuesday, April 7. No submissions will be accepted after that time.
- If there is a technical issue with your submission, we will not include it. Unfortunately, due to the timeframe to get this prepared, we will not have much time for troubleshooting. So please follow these instructions carefully to ensure your submission will work properly.
- Download the recording to your phone or computer (or use the YouTube Video above).
- Print out the lyrics for the song (or use the YouTube video above).
- You will need two devices (eg. computer and phone, phone and phone, iPad and phone, etc).
- You will also need a set of earbuds or headphones.
- Make sure you are in a space that is free from noise (avoid things like appliances running, wind, kids playing, TV in the background, etc).
- Dress as you would dress for Easter Sunday Worship.
- Put on your earbuds and plug them into the second device you are not using to record your video.
- Play the song through once to hear it and familiarize yourself with the recording.
- Open the camera app on your phone.
- Make sure the camera is propped up to record. If you record it handheld, your video will be unsteady and hard to watch.
- Record on the front-facing camera, similar to making a FaceTime or Video Conferencing Call.
- Record with the camera in a vertical position. Your video should be taller than it is wider.
- Start recording a video. You will want to start recording before you start playing the recording.
- Start playing the song.
- Sing along with the song as you record.
- Wait until the song comes to the end.
- Stop your video from recording.
- Visit https://www.dropbox.com/request/jZq0QS9hInSPxe9TdV2g to upload and submit your recording.
- Watch our live stream of the virtual choir on Easter Sunday and share the link with your friends.
Thank you for your participation. If you need any help, feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.