We are in the full swing of the year with Sunday School. But we want to share with you a few changes that we are making which will be effective immediately.
When you arrive on Sunday morning, all children will need to check-in at a table in the church narthex/lobby. Volunteers will be assigned each week to help with this procedure and create a smooth flow. Children will not be allowed to come to Sunday School without being checked-in.
At the beginning of the year, not all family registered their children. This creates an issue if an emergency should arise and our teachers and volunteers do not have all the necessary information at hand. Starting this Sunday, we are asking for each family to re-register their children. Even if you registered before, we want to ensure that your information is up-to-date.
Another important procedure that is being implemented is that a parents must pick their children up from Sunday School. These children have been entrusted to our care and since we are responsible for their well-being, we will not dismiss any children who are not accompanied by a parent.
Our volunteers are important to ensure the success of our Sunday School. We could not do it without them. If you have a child in Sunday School, we want to strongly encourage you to consider volunteering as a helper. We have several tasks that can be fulfilled once a month or once every two months. The two most important tasks are serving at our check-in table and serving as an aid to our teachers. We will be soliciting your help in the weeks to come.
Finally, I wanted to stress to you a couple of important dates for children and Sunday School:
- March 31: Good Shepherd Easter Egg Hunt
- April 1: Easter Sunday – no Sunday School. Join us for Easter Breakfast served by the men’s ministry.
- April 13-15: Confirmation Retreat.
- April 21 @ 10am – First Communion Training for 6th graders.
- May 6: First Communion Sunday for 6th graders.
- May 13: Mother’s Day – no Sunday School.
- May 20: Last day of Sunday School and Confirmation Sunday.
- July 30-August 3: Vacation Bible School