Welcome Back to Sunday School 2017-2018 year! We are so pleased you have entrusted your children to our care on Sunday mornings here at Good Shepherd.
There are a few changes to our program this year. First, our worship services are now 9 and 10:30 am. We welcome all families to attend the 9 am worship, and the children will go to their classes at 9:15 from the sanctuary.
Some special dates to write on your calendar now are:
- 9/17/17 1st day of Sunday school
- 11/26/17 – No Sunday School – Thanksgiving break
- 12/17/17 – Christmas Program tbd
- 12/24/17 & 12/31/17 – No Sunday school – Holiday break
- 4/1/18 – No Sunday School – Easter
- 5/6/18 – First Communion Sunday
- 5/13/18 – No Sunday School – Mother's Day
- 5/20/18 – Confirmation Sunday – Last Day of Sunday School – End of the year party
Sunday School affirms the home as the center of biblical guidance. Parents are the most important people in a child’s life and learning about God starts in the home. Teaching children about God is a seven day a week effort, not just something that can be done just an hour or two on Sunday morning. We pledge to do our best to support you in your child’s education and stand ready to help you at any time. Some of the things you can do to support the best Sunday School experience for your child are:
Encourage Regular Attendance: Sunday School begins at our 9 am worship service. Consistency and continuity are extremely important for your child during these years.
Pray: We promise to join you in praying for you and your child. We believe that prayer is an effective and powerful force to help protect your child and help him develop to his highest spiritual potential. We would much appreciate your prayers for us and the class as well.
Bring an Offering: Please encourage your child to bring an offering each week. We will distribute envelopes for your child’s offering. Please have your child give the offering inside the envelope every Sunday to one of the teachers, or put in the offering plate during worship service.
Please be assured that we stand ready to help your family at any time. Let us know of any special ministry needs, or other special needs your child may have. We consider it an honor and privilege to be allowed to work with your child over the upcoming months. We much appreciate your support and we pledge to work with you in the best interest of your child.
Attached is a new registration form. We are asking everyone to please fill this out and hand to your child’s teacher or to Alys.
We are so happy to have the help of our wonderful teachers again this year.
- Pre K- K — Silvia Hebert & Gwen Giannina
- 1st & 2nd — Debbie Onorato & Valerie Tietchen
- 3rd & 4th — Julio Artache
- 5th & 6th — Jeff Campbell
- 7th & 8th – Doreen Humiston
- As needed helper — Adriana Mencia
In Christ’s Love
Sunday School Superintendent