Happy Mother’s Day
Today is a day we give God thanks for the gift of our mothers and for all the special women in our lives who bring us joy and beauty. Happy Mother’s Day to all you moms. We pray that you are blessed and encouraged this day. We celebrate moms! And we give God thanks for the gift of moms!
We also remember this day all who grieve the loss of a mom. We pray for the moms who lost children. And this year, we want to pray for all the moms who are isolated from their children. Finally, we want to remember those ladies who have desired to be a mother but have been unable to have children. We pray that God would comfort all of them in their grief.
Share a comment on our live feed to let us know you are with us! Our comment of the day is: “Give a shoutout to the favorite moms in your life.” Share in the comments on YouTube or Facebook during the live feed.
If you miss one of our live stream worship services, they are archived at gs4nj.org/virtual-worship.
New Online Giving
We are excited to share that we have overhauled our online giving to make it easier and more convenient to give. Simply visit gs4nj.org/give to donate. You can donate with a credit card or have the funds debited from your checking account. You can also set up automated giving set up on a weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, or twice-monthly basis.
Another option to give is text to give. Text any dollar amount to 84321. We will reply with a link to a quick, self-guided setup process to tie your mobile phone to our church, your donor account, and a payment source.
As always checks can also be mailed to:
3139 County Rd 516
Old Bridge, NJ 08857
We offer the opportunity to participate together with us in the Lord’s Supper during our online worship. We invite you to join us if you share our beliefs and have been instructed in those beliefs. If you plan to participate, make sure to have bread and wine prepared before worship begins.
1 Peter Message Series
Our current message series is on 1 Peter. Below you will find a list of the appointed readings for this series.
- April 19: 1 Peter 1:3-9 & John 20:19-31
- April 26: 1 Peter 1:17-25 & Luke 24:13-35
- May 3: 1 Peter 2:19-25 & John 10:1-10
- May 10: 1 Peter 2:2-10 & John 14:1-14
- May 17: 1 Peter 3:13-22 & John 14:15-21
- May 24: 1 Peter 4:12-19; 5:6-11 & John 17:1-11
Pastor Phil is offering the same challenge for the 1 Peter series as he did for the Philippians series.
- Read 1 Peter in one sitting (20 minutes).
- Read it weekly (weekly/daily).
- Read different translations (ESV, NIV, NLT, NKJV, The Message).
Make this challenge part of your devotion. Or make it to be your devotion time. Additionally, we offer our Good Shepherd Daily Bible Readings at gs4nj.org/biblereadings.
May Verse of the Month
“As you come to him, a living stone rejected by men but in the sight of God chosen and precious, you yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.” (1 Peter 2:4–5, ESV)
Attention Children (and Parents)
Draw a picture of a Bible story or a Bible verse. Take a picture of it and email it to email@example.com. We will feature the artwork on our live feed. Make sure to include the child’s name when sending the artwork.
- The Congregation Voters’ Meeting scheduled for May 31 to approve the 2020-21 budgets has been postponed until September 27. The Admin Board will prepare an “emergency” draft budget that will be used until we reconvene as an assembly in September.
- Confirmation and First Communion have been postponed until September 20.
- There will be no Vacation Bible School this Summer.
- The Haiti Meal Packing Event, scheduled in June, has been canceled.
Share Your Prayer Request
Opportunities to Serve
The Spring congregation workday has been canceled. But there is still an opportunity to serve and get out of the house for some fresh air. We have several projects around the church property that can be done outdoors. You will find a sampling of some of the projects below. Email the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Clean cigarette receptacle
- Pickup fallen branches in lawn areas
- Wash windows ( outside)
a. Marie’s office
b. Resource room
d. Music room
e. Youth room
- Clean AC filters in sanctuary
- Paint lower section of fire hydrants red
- Take down Care Center sign on service road
- Clean staircase to basement
- Clean litter and leaves from around catch basins
- Blow leaves and litter from parking lot
As always, we can use additional volunteers to mow the grass.