Verse of the Week
And the Lord said, “If you had faith like a grain of mustard seed, you could say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be uprooted and planted in the sea,’ and it would obey you.”Luke 17:6; ESV
Fall Work Day
Please join us on Saturday, October 12th (rain date October 19) from 8:30 to ??? to help with the many things that need to be fixed, cleaned, replaced. There are many different tasks some small, some big. If you can sweep or mop a floor we can use you. If you can wash windows or dust, we can use you. There might be some outdoor stuff too. If you can help, please email the church office @ email@example.com. Coffee and donuts will be served.
Mark your calendars now — Sunday, October 27th from 5 – 7 pm. This event is designed to be a fun and safe alternative Halloween celebration for kids of all ages. We encourage costumes and decorations as long as they are not scary or ghoulish. We have little children who will be attending and want it to be a fun event for everyone. Most important, we want to honor Jesus in everything we do.
Our next Congregation Meeting is scheduled for Sunday, November 17th immediately following the 10:30 service. There are 3 members of the board whose terms are up. If you are interested in serving on the Admin Board, please email the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be discussing some updates in regards to Building and Grounds, GS Children’s Center, the Parsonage Kitchen remodel, and the congregational finances. Please make every effort to attend this meeting.
Men’s Bible Study
Join us for Men’s Bible Study every other Saturday at 8am in the resource room. Our next study is scheduled for September 28.
We are excited to announce that we have scheduled a Men’s Retreat for January 24-26, 2020 at St. Joseph’s by the Sea Retreat House in Mantoloking, NJ. We are a long way away from that date now, so we will provide more information in the coming months. But make sure to mark your calendar now to save the date.
We are putting together a security team to develop a security plan and procedures for our facility. If you would be interested in being a part of this planning team, please email the church office. The first gathering of this team will take place on Sunday, October 27th after the 10:30 worship service. If you would like to be part of this team, please email the church office at email@example.com.
If you miss worship on Sunday morning, you can still watch or listen to sermons online. Just visit gs4nj.org/podcast to find all our messages. We also steam live our messages on Facebook during the late worship service. You can login each Sunday around 10:50 am to hear the message.
Good Shepherd Children’s Center News:
Children ages 6 months to 3 years old are invited to join us for play and song which will develop physical skills, social interaction with others, and FUN! Parent and/or caregiver participation with
Thanksgiving Pie Orders
GSCC will be selling pies from Battleview Orchards for Thanksgiving. Order forms are available in the bulletin or on the kitchen counter. Orders are due by November 15th. Pies must be picked up on Tuesday, November 16th.
- Halloween Parades: The Children’s Center will be having their Halloween Parades on Wednesday, October 30th and Thursday, October 31st.
- Fire Safety Month: October is Fire Safety Month and on October 21st & 22nd the Old Bridge Fire Dept. will be here talking to the kids and letting them sit on the fire trucks and wear the helmets.
- Chapel: Chapel will be on October 15 & 16th at 9:30 – this is always a special time for the kids to sit in church and sing songs and hear a fun message from the Land of Tum-Tum.
- November they will have picture day, the pie orders will be coming in, Chapel on November 6, 12 and 20 and Thanksgiving Recess from November 28 & 29. They will also start to rehearse for the Christmas program that will be on December 7th.
Shopping with Scrip
New Cards for Shopping with SCRIP! We will now be selling Amazon Cards. Other stores that are available weekly are Wawa, Dunkin Donuts, Panera, Acme, ShopRite and more. Be sure to stop at the kitchen counter and see what is new. Or order from the 1000’s available on the website. Families can now pay for gift cards with credit cards on line or you can link to your bank account (PrestoPay™). Credit card types that are accepted are Visa and Mastercard. Credit card payments are only available to families who pay online. Good Shepherd’s code F67D7L9421914. shopwithscrip.com
- October 8 – Deacons Meeting 7 pm
- October 12 — Fall Work Day
- October 14 – Church Office Closed
- October 27 – Harvest Fest 5 pm
- October 30 & 31 — Children’s Center Halloween Parade
- November 1 — All Saint’s Day
- November 3 — Daylight Savings Time Begins — Fall back one hour
- November 17 — Congregation Meeting (immediately following 10:30 service)
- November 28 & 29 — Church Office Closed — Happy Thanksgiving
- December 7 –– Children’s Center Christmas Programs
- January 24 – 26, 2020 – Men’s Retreat
See all our events the our church calendar at gs4nj.org/calendar