Verse of the Week
And will not God give justice to his elect, who cry to him day and night? Will he delay long over them?Luke 18:7 ESV
NEXT WEEK: Sunday, October 27th from 5 – 7 pm. This event is designed to be a fun and safe alternative Halloween celebration for kids of all ages. We encourage costumes and decorations as long as they are not scary or ghoulish. We have little children who will be attending and want it to be a fun event for everyone. Most important, we want to honor Jesus in everything we do. Be sure to sign up if you plan on attending.
Fall Work Day
Thank You to Everyone who came out and helped last week! Many projects got done and it was a great day for all who participated.
Our next Congregation Meeting is scheduled for Sunday, November 17th immediately following the 10:30 service. There are 3 members of the board whose terms are up. If you are interested in serving on the Admin Board, please email the church office at email@example.com. We will be discussing some updates in regards to Building and Grounds, GS Children’s Center, the Parsonage Kitchen remodel, and the congregational finances. Please make every effort to attend this meeting.
Men’s Bible Study
Join us for Men’s Bible Study every other Saturday at 8am in the resource room. Our next study is scheduled for September 28.
We are putting together a security team to develop a security plan and procedures for our facility. If you would be interested in being a part of this planning team, please email the church office. The first gathering of this team will take place on Sunday, October 27th after the 10:30 worship service. If you would like to be part of this team, please email the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you miss worship on Sunday morning, you can still watch or listen to sermons online. Just visit gs4nj.org/podcast to find all our messages. We also steam live our messages on Facebook during the late worship service. You can login each Sunday around 10:50 am to hear the message.
There are a few families that are in need of help with food for Thanksgiving and Christmas. We need a few turkeys, but mostly need money for gift cards. There are envelopes in the Narthex marked “Thanksgiving Drive.” Please feel free to use one and put in the box under the TV, or in Marie’s
Good Shepherd Children’s Center News:
Children ages 6 months to 3 years old are invited to join us for play and song which will develop physical skills, social interaction with others, and FUN! Parent and/or caregiver participation with child is required. Program is 1 hour long. Doors open at 9 am for coffee and juice. Sept 25 – Nov 13. Pricing is $50 first child, $40 each additional child. Please email [email protected] obgscc.com to sign up or for more information.
Thanksgiving Pie Orders
GSCC will be selling pies from Battleview Orchards for Thanksgiving. Order forms are available in the bulletin or on the kitchen counter. Orders are due by November 15th. Pies must be picked up on Tuesday, November 26th.
- Halloween Parades: The Children’s Center will be having their Halloween Parades on Wednesday, October 30th and Thursday, October 31st.
- Fire Safety Month: October is Fire Safety Month and on October 21st & 22nd the Old Bridge Fire Dept. will be here talking to the kids and letting them sit on the fire trucks and wear the helmets.
- Chapel: Chapel will be on October 15 & 16th at 9:30 – this is always a special time for the kids to sit in church and sing songs and hear a fun message from the Land of Tum-Tum.
- November they will have picture day, the pie orders will be coming in, Chapel on November 6, 12 and 20 and Thanksgiving Recess from November 28 & 29. They will also start to rehearse for the Christmas program that will be on December 7th.
Shopping with Scrip
New Cards for Shopping with SCRIP! We will now be selling Amazon Cards. Other stores that are available weekly are Wawa, Dunkin Donuts, Panera, Acme, ShopRite and more. Be sure to stop at the kitchen counter and see what is new. Or order from the 1000’s available on the website. Families can now pay for gift cards with credit cards online or you can link to your bank account (PrestoPay™). Credit card types that are accepted are Visa and Mastercard. Credit card payments are only available to families who pay online. Good Shepherd’s code F67D7L9421914. shopwithscrip.com
Shopping with Amazon
Did you know that when you shop on Amazon that a portion of your purchase can be donated to Good Shepherd? Instead of typing www.amazon.com in your browser, just type smile.amazon.com and chose the cause of your choice.
- October 22 — Deacons Meeting 7 pm
- October 27 – Harvest Fest 5 pm
- October 28 — Vision Team Meeting
- October 30 & 31 — Children’s Center Halloween Parade
- November 1 — All Saint’s Day
- November 3 — Daylight Savings Time Begins — Fall back one hour
- November 17 — Congregation Meeting (immediately following 10:30 service)
- November 26 — Pie Order Pick Up
- November 28 & 29 — Church Office Closed — Happy Thanksgiving
- December 7 –– Children’s Center Christmas Programs
- January 24 – 26, 2020 – Men’s Retreat
See all our events the our church calendar at gs4nj.org/calendar