Joining Jesus on His Mission: God has called each of us to join Jesus on His Mission, but many of us struggle in figuring out how to do that. This coming January, Good Shepherd will be launching new groups to help us learn how to do it and encourage us to follow through. If you would be interested in being part of one of these groups or leading a group as a facilitator, let us know on your connection card.
Youth Group Fundraiser: TODAY! Make and take boards. Sunday December 9th immediately following the 10:30 service. You can design your own “board”and make it and then take it home with you. You can make something for your own home, or maybe make something to give as a gift. $10 gets a 4 x 12 board and $20 for a 4 x 24 board. (cash and check ONLY) Please sign up on connection card or email Rachel at: and let her know if you are coming.
December 30TH – ONE service at 9:30 am – NO Sunday School.
Confirmation Program: The Confirmation Program can be a little costly for some families. If you would like to help,you can donate towards the confirmation program, please do so by using the envelope in the pew and clearly marking it “Confirmation Program”.
Christmas Eve Music: If you would like to be part of the Christmas “Choir”, weather it be as a singer, guitar player, instrumentals, percussionists, etc., we want you. Services are at 5 and 7 pm there will be a “rehearsal” on Sunday December 16 & 23 at 11:45 (immediately following the 10:30 service) If you are interested in taking part, please sign up on today’s connection card.
Angel Tree Gifts: DUE BACK TODAY: We ask that you spend approximately $25 on each Angel. There is a brief description of each group on the table near the Angel book.
Christmas Poinsettias: If you would like to order a poinsettia for Christmas, please use the signup sheet on the table in the Narthex. Poinsettias are $5.00 each
Children’s Center: Is in need of substitute teachers. Hours are varying. Please call Marianne at 732-679-8887 or email her at
Flowers on the Altar: You can have flowers put on the altar in celebration of an event,anniversary, birthday, baptism, etc., or in memory of a loved one. There is a book in the Narthex to signup. They are $30 for a bouquet, and you can take them home after the 10:30 service if you wish.
SCRIP is gearing up for Christmas. Don’t forget your child’s favorite teacher, bus driver, crossing guard, that hard to get for friend or relative. Gift cards of all kinds can be ordered and be here with in a week (or two). There are order forms on the kitchen counter, and inserted in today’s bulletin. So be sure to stop at the kitchen counter and see what is available to purchase or order. There will also be little purses and gift card holders available for purchase too.
Shopping with Scrip is at the KITCHEN COUNTER! Be sure to pick up your gift cards. There are many cards to choose from. You can visit the website, shopwithscrip.com to purchase gift cards to hundreds of shops and restaurants. Support the ministry of your choosing. Good Shepherd’s code is F67D7L9421914.
- SUNDAY: Worship service @ 9 &10:30; Sunday School 9 am; Angels Visit; Superhero Day! Dress to Impress in your favorite superhero outfit;Angel Tree Gifts Due Back; Youth Group Fundraiser – Make and Take Boards 12 pm in Fellowship Hall ($35.00 pp) MONDAY: NA Group 7 pm
- TUESDAY: Children’s Center Chapel 9:30 am
- WEDNESDAY: Children’s Center Chapel 9:30 am; GA Group 7 pm
- SATURDAY: AA 8:30 am
- SUNDAY: Worship service @ 9 & 10:30; Sunday School 9 am; Jesus is Born: Ugly Sweater Day – wear the ugliest Christmas Sweater you can find! Christmas Choir Rehearsal 11:45 am
- UPCOMING EVENTS
- December 9 – Youth Group Fundraiser –Christmas plank painting 11:30 am (immediately following the 10:30 service) Angel Tree Gifts Are Due Back
- December 16 – Christmas Choir Rehearsal 11:45 am
- December 23 – Sunday School Birthday Party for Jesus (Bible Bucks Exchange); Christmas Choir Rehearsal 11:45 am
- December 24 – Christmas Eve Worship Services at 5 pm and 7 pm
- December 30 – ONE service at 9:30 am; NO Sunday School
- January 12 – Children’s Center Open House
- January 25, 2019 – LifeLine Screening